Another Update

on Tuesday, January 20, 2015
    I went back to Physical Therapy yesterday.  There's good news and bad news.  My left leg has improved tremendously.  My right leg has not improved at all.  This means I'm still restricted mostly to the couch.  I've burned through almost everything on Netflix and Hulu.  I watched every Avengers movie over the weekend (minus Thor because his story is not well presented).  I'm halfway through the Star Wars Saga (because Husband of Mine is never free to watch them with me).  
    The only thing I haven't done is write.  I've been making excuses like this:



    After posting my revamped Ch. 1 of Powerful on Scribophile, it received some amazing feedback.  The concept of the story seems to capture a lot more attention than Rose did.  This is what someone said about it-


"I can feel your enthusiasm for this story. You have very vivid characters and an imaginative world. It feels more like lifelike than Rose...It speaks to your decision to immerse yourself in this new world, adding more colour and depth. Lots of intrigue, too. I can feel you have a very clear plot, and a direction for your characters, complete with all kinds of crap thrown their way. Lots of good in here to work with."

    I think I finally made the decision to put Rose on hold.  What my friend said in her critique was accurate.  Powerful is much more lifelike than Rose, and I think it's because I'm a fantasy writer.  I live to submerge myself into these other worlds and deal with magic, but Rose has an incredible lack of magic.  Well, until the very end.  I think taking some time away from it will help me come back to it with fresher eyes and a new perspective.  Things will have to change with that story in order for it to get where it needs to go.
    That's all I have to say about it right now.  Now I have to get back to writing, so I won't be like Calvin.
   ~Alyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment