Writing is My Life

on Tuesday, June 3, 2014
    So I was planning on having the next chapter written and posted by the end of the day today, but then something unexpected (and totally accidental) happened that is preventing me from getting the chapter written (thanks a bunch, wonderful husband of mine).  I have tried to write the chapter, but physical pain in my arm is preventing that.  It's also making it incredibly hard to just type this post.  
    Anyway, not being able to write has caused me to think about what I would do if I was no longer able to write, like if I lost my hand or something.  My first thought was that I would be inventing a way for me to write because for me writing is like breathing.  It is a necessary thing for me to do to continue living (at least living a sane life).  That led me to think of how important writing is to me.  It is such an integral part of who I am.
    I was that kid who always knew what I wanted to do.  I have loved to read since I was 4 years old.  When I was that little I wanted to be a librarian because that was what I thought that was the only job for people who loved books.  When I was 12 I got the idea to write my first book.  I have had many book ideas since then, because I knew I wanted to be an author.  When I was in high school and my time to write was limited, I started a poetry notebook just to keep me writing when I didn't have time to write a whole chapter for one of my books.  It was so integral in my life that I needed to get creative writing out of my system in order to focus on anything else, especially something school related.  My other favorite thing to do was to tell a story to my friends every day and try to make it as elaborate and interesting as possible.  They always enjoyed my stories, no matter how boring they were.
    When I was in trouble, my parents punished me by taking away my books.  I was never sent to my room because I enjoyed it there.  When I was in high school and I got a new book, my mom would hide it until my homework was done because she knew I would read it before doing anything else.  Of course, I would always sneak it away from her and read it before I was done with my homework anyway.
    Maybe it was because we didn't have TV when I was younger, so my favorite forms of entertainment were reading and playing outside with my sisters.  Maybe it was because my mother has always loved to read and she loved to read to me.  Whatever the reason, I have always been in love with words, and they are a huge part of my life.  I will always be a story teller.  Writing is a part of who I am and it cannot be taken from me.  Writing is my life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment