One month

on Friday, June 13, 2014
    One month ago I started this blog to focus my mind on my writing.  Prior to starting this blog, I was writing a story, and as I would try to fit writing into my life, I ended up writing about a chapter every month.  Well, this month I have actually written 10 chapters of Rose.  I have posted 8, one hasn't been typed up yet, and one was written out of order so I could sort out some legal issues (spoilers: Looks like Rose and Phillippe are heading to Parc Disneyland soon!  I am so excited).
    Also, I hit another landmark in my writing today.  I have officially handwritten over 100 pages in the past month.  I am so astounded at how fast I hit that mark.  I have never been so motivated to write in my entire life.  This has been an overwhelming month.



    Being a writer is not an easy life.  Many other authors have said writers are people who opt to have homework for the rest of their lives.  I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.  I have had to do so much research for this book because I don't want to get facts wrong.  I want everything to sound accurate.  I haven't been to France in 10 years, so writing a story that takes place in such a foreign land is definitely a challenge.  The only easy thing is adding the French into their conversations because I've taken so many French classes in school that my brain still works half in French, but it is still a challenge making the switches sound natural in conversation.
    Anyway, the point of this post is to thank those who read my blog because you have reached 600 views in just one month.  It's kind of amazing.  And now to end this post, I will share the quote that inspired me to create this blog to discipline myself and to create good writing habits.


    Thank you for reading!

~Alyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment