My Life This Week

on Monday, July 20, 2015
    I've had a very busy past week, and I'm gearing up for another one this week. I've had ZERO time for blogging or writing, which I hate, but it is what it is.
    I set a goal for myself for July, and I'm still working on fulfilling that. My goal was to write 5 chapters this month. So far I've got two and a half. I'm halfway there, so I'm making progress, but I wanted to be done with this chapter before too long. I've also been working with a few people on their novels, and I've had a few more people look into Powerful to get some feedback on my edits and my new stuff. It's been going good, and I'm happy with the feedback I've received. It helps me set up a distinct direction I need to go with my edits, and it reminds me that my book is still awesome. I'm pumped for it, as long as I have the energy and the caffeine to keep writing. I'm also excited for one of my close friends to start sending out queries on her book. It's amazing.
    All of my time has disappeared from me since my last post. Since then I've been writing my butt off (I'm at 28,000 words!), and I've done my fair share of reading. I'm racing my 13 year old brother in law through the Kingdom Keepers series (which I read part of when I was his age), but I only get to do that in my spare time which is almost none.





    My time is not my own since I have been recruited to help the youth of my church put on their Road Show. It started on Tuesday (7/14), when we met at the church (there are eight groups) and someone from our group picked items out of a hat that had to be incorporated into our show (we got banana, scooter, castle, aardvark, and green), and were given a scripture as the theme. Then we were sent into rooms to work together to come up with an idea for the play. The youth (ages 12-18) are responsible for writing a script, songs, choreography, designing sets and costumes, and having everything ready by the dress rehearsal this Friday (7/24). It's been an adventure. We had kids over all day Saturday to make the sets and props, kids were working on costumes, and everyone else was (hopefully) memorizing their lines and choreography. I've been working all day every day to help fine tune the script (duh, I'm a writer), songs, choreography, and to provide songs without lyrics, props, transportation, and treats to the kids to keep them going. Poor Husband of Mine has been going to work all day, and the second he gets home from work we're off helping with this. It's insane. I kind of feel like I've been hit by a truck, but I have to keep moving because the kids are performing Friday and Saturday. At least the hard part's over with and now all they have to do is practice, practice, practice!
    I'll see you next week. Stay awesome.
    ~Alyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment