Writing Group

on Friday, October 24, 2014
    This past week has been insane.  I apologize for the lack of blog posts.  I feel so lame that I can't even keep up with 2 a week, but at least I have some reasons why-
    I've been sick and I was totally out of commission for a while. I couldn't get out of bed until noon for probably 5 days in a row.  My head was in no condition to write, blog, or communicate with the outside world in any form.  Today is the first day I've actually put on normal pants in over a week.
    I started looking for a new job this week.  I've really loved my job as a nanny.  I've been watching the same kids for almost a year (I've got just over a week left until I hit the year mark).  I love the kids so much, but there are a lot of other things that have become too complicated in the past few months.  


    I've been creating a new résumé and a cover letter to apply for the job.  I'm submitting them in an email tonight and I'm going to stop by tomorrow to drop them off while I'm out running errands.  I'll update you wonderful readers if anything happens.

    And finally, I found a writing group!!!  Whoo-hoo!!!  This is so exciting for me.  I have been looking for a writing group since before I started this blog.  I actually started this blog as a surrogate writing group, a way to keep myself focused on my writing.  Then I joined Scribophile as another surrogate writing group, a way to get feedback on my writing.
    It's kind of funny though, because I found the writing group through Scribophile.  They created an online group so we can share our writing and give each other feedback throughout the week.  We met for the first time on Tuesday, and it was such a blast.  Next time we're going to see Ally Condie at the Provo City Library.  We set a goal to write at least 1,500 words each week.  Now I have people to actually keep me on track with my writing.
    Well, that's just a little update for you lovely readers.  I'll try to post again tomorrow so I can get my two posts in this week, but no guarantees because tomorrow is busy, busy, busy.
    ~Alyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment