Introduction

on Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Hello everyone!  I am putting this blog together to display my writing, to use as a journal, and to post writing inspiration.  Here is a little about myself: I am 19 years old, I love the color blue, I love California, I am married to the love of my life (yes at such a young age), my favorite book series is The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and I am hoping to use this blog to force myself to become more serious and self-disciplined about my writing.  My life is crazy because I am a nanny right now with no sense of a normal weekly schedule.  Because of that and trying to keep an apartment somewhat organized for my hard working husband, my writing has been pushed to the back of my life.  I am hoping to publish new posts on this blog at least 3 times a week, hopefully more.  But because every week is different (for example this week I am working full time, last week I worked less than 20 hours), I can't guarantee how much time I will have working on this blog.  I hope that it will at least keep my writing skills sharp amidst the craziness of my life.  This week (Sunday morning to be exact) I came up with a new idea for a trilogy that I really want to write and publish.  
This new idea is the most easily marketable idea for a book I have ever come up with, and I really hope that I can use that to help get it published and popular enough to get my name out there as an author.  So far this week I have roughly mapped out all three books and written the first chapter of the first book.  Because of how popular I can see this trilogy becoming, I have suddenly gotten more serious about my writing, hence the new blog that will hopefully help me discipline myself to start thinking about writing every day.  Also, it is a lot easier to post my writing on a blog than on my Facebook page like I previously have, because Facebook likes to mess up all of my formatting, making it look like I can't grasp basic grammar skills. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog although I'm sure no one is as excited as I am.

~Alyson




0 comments:

Post a Comment