April Camp NaNo 2018 Summary

on Thursday, May 3, 2018
    My big goal for Camp NaNo was to write an average of 500 words a day. Well, it was to write 15,000 words during the month, but that averaged out to 500 words a day.


    So... I didn't quite write 15,000 words this month. But I spent the last week of Camp NaNo sick with the stomach flu (hence that lovely flatline toward the end), so I took out the 4 days I was sick and altered my goal to be 2k less than it was originally. So technically, I didn't hit my goal, but also I did.


    Camp NaNo is over for now. So what am I working on next? 
    Powerful: I'm 10,000 words into the next draft of Powerful. This is going to become my big focus again. All the major story and plot details are finalized at this point, so I'm focusing my editing on the nit-picky wording and descriptions. This is the hardest part of writing for me. I'm a perfectionist, and getting into the final stages is nerve-wracking. So I'm spending my time reading lots of polished writing to help me prepare my own writing for publishing.
    Daeragos Chronicles: I'm about halfway done with the first draft of Damaged at this point. But that still leaves half of it to go. And then Defiant, and then Deceived. And possibly a fourth. There's a lot left with this series. But it's nice to have some easy, creative writing to work on when I need a break from editing Powerful. I'm still working on this in the meantime, but it's going to take a backseat for now. 
    If you want to keep updated on my writing, I'm still tracking my word counts on the sidebar here on my blog. 
    ~Allie

0 comments:

Post a Comment