April Camp NaNoWriMo 2017

on Friday, March 31, 2017
    Tomorrow is April 1st. And for me, it's the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo! Whoo hoo! 


    Last year I did July CampNaNoWriMo, but since this July is going to be a bit busier than last year, I'm not sure if I'll get to do anything come July. So this year, I'm cramming in as much writing as I can before our new package arrives.
    I'm at a great point in my writing this time for CampNaNo. Last year I was in the middle of the first draft of A Fairy's Tale. This time, I've just finished working through my notes on the second draft of Powerful. I've set myself a low goal of 20,000 words with the hopes of getting much more done. Because I'm working on the third draft, it should be a lot easier to edit what I've already got.
    Keep an eye on the word count bar on the side! I'm starting at 0 again. I'm expecting this next draft to be somewhere in between the word counts of the first two drafts (which were 103,000 and 90,000 words). I cut out a bit too much for the second draft, so now there are bits that need to be added back in. And now that I've had a handful of friends read through and provide feedback on the story as a whole, I know where there are plot points missing. I've got at least three scenes that need to be written from scratch, and I've got at least three scenes that need to be completely reworked and rewritten. The rest is basic editing and rewording, most of which I've done already in notes on the side of Scrivener.
    I've got a cabin set up with a bunch of my friends, and I'm all ready to go! What are your goals for the month of April?
    ~Allie

2 comments:

Elise said...

All the best for NaNo - you can do it!

Heather Hayden said...

Yay, Allie! Best of luck with Camp NaNo. :) I haven't sorted out my April goals yet beyond Camp myself--aiming for 30k (1k a day) for the month. :)

Post a Comment