Books

on Wednesday, July 16, 2014
    I love books.  I love to read.  I love to escape out of my world and into another one.  My childhood was filled with them.  So was my adolescence, and my teen years were too.  I cannot fathom who I would be without books, and I don't even want to.  Books have changed me for the better.  
    This week I have been feeling under the weather, and writing has been hard.  When I cannot write, I read.  Reading has made me feel infinitely better, if only temporarily.  TV shows and movies do not have the same captivating effect as a book, even if it is a book I have read more times than I can count.  I love everything about books.  















    I don't know if any of you watch the Middle, an ABC show, but Brick is one of my favorite characters.  He is a quirky, misunderstood, quiet kid who doesn't get along well with other kids, and even though his quirks far exaggerate how different people can feel from the crowd, I love the way he acts and thinks.  This quote from the show perfectly captures the feelings anyone who struggled to have friends, like me, can have for books or whatever form of escape they used to get away from the harshness of reality.


    I also found this Buzzfeed article titled 33 Reasons Why You're Addicted to Books that I thought would be fun to share.
    Thanks for reading!

~Alyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment